What is a Blog?
The most interesting ‘blogs’ (Internet ‘web logs’) have these features:
1. entries are in reverse chronological order
2. unfiltered content — the second somebody filters or edits the author it’s no longer a blog
3. comments from readers
4. hypertext links to the world outside the blog
5. excerpted chunks of attributed text, sometimes at length, from other sources
6. a flip, informal, ironic tone, exemplified by Wonkette’s Ana Marie Cox on her personal blog: “I am the editor of Wonkette, a guide to DC politics and culture, sort of.”