Eight Things About Me
Here are the rules…
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. When I was very young, I decided I wouldn’t befriend people with glasses, since I couldn’t really see their eyes and I couldn’t be sure they could be trusted. When soon enough I myself became one of those people with glasses, I decided God had a sense of humor.
2 My favorite number is seven because it wasn’t till I was seven that I realized (drum roll): “I am SEVEN YEARS OLD. I have been around for SEVEN YEARS. ” I am, perhaps, slow on the uptake.
3 Nevertheless, I am — ahem — brilliant with analogies and my score on the Miller Analogies Test got me into Mensa and Intertel. Lord knows why I wanted in, but there you are. It was comforting for a while.
4 I think people who are seen as gullible are not always ill-informed or ignorant, but rather open to great possibilities and smart enough to understand that many, many things are possible. At least, as a sometimes gullible person, this is what I prefer to believe.
5 I don’t know why I wear hats. I know many do it for religious reasons, and that fascinates me and I think it’s cool. Still, for me, right now, I think I just like hats better than hairstyles. I basically feel it’s a more dignified option for me.
6 My feet are size 11.
7 My feet have been hurting a lot, and it’s not because I’m on my feet all day, quite the opposite. I’ve been keeping an eye on my habits, and it appears that I scrunch up my feet and twist them around and set them on the wheels of my chair when I am sitting at my desk. I’m probably messing up the muscles in this way. I soaked them last night in hot water, and it helped immeasurably.
8 I bite my fingernails while I am driving.
Okay, this may or may not be pathetic, and I know I am breaking The Rules and this disturbs me, but I can’t think of anyone else to tag! If you read this and are slightly offended that I didn’t think of tagging YOU, let me know. Please.
(the pic? That’s a very nice haori; I own this one, actually)